Love is Not a Fight

I have made up my mind that I will cook for my husband. Yup! Cooking is an act of love. It’s work but it’s an act of love and yes, all acts of love require effort and compromise. The reason I say this is because I hear women complain on a regular basis about how mean (wicked) they think it is for their husband to expect them to come home after a long day at work and get in the kitchen to cook dinner. Women say stuff like “How can he be so wicked?”, “Why can’t he get in the kitchen with me?” “Am I his slave?” and it goes on and on. I used to be like that, in my younger days (LOL) but I have changed and more recently I have realized that you know what? Love is not a fight. If I love my man and he needs me to cook, then on the days when I’m not up to it cos it’s been a long day at work, I will call him to explain: “Hey babe, I’m on my way home and I’m super tired. Is it cool if we do take-out tonight?” Now, it would only be a TRULY wicked man that will not accept that. Calling him ahead of time is certainly a much better option than getting home ready to “fight”. Anticipating that he will expect you to cook even though he doesn’t know how long your day has been because you haven’t told him. If you don’t tell him, he will assume you’re ok with cooking but you will be upset because you will feel like he’s being inconsiderate. Anticipating all of this only results in you cooking the meal in anger and with no heart (I’m mentally tired just thinking about the latter scenario when a phone call could have made things better.)
Now, that’s just one of MANY scenarios but think about it for a second. How many times do we focus our energies on what our partner ISN’T doing right? Imagine if we put all that energy into what WE can do right to make things better and what he/she is doing right? Wouldn’t that be so much better? And how about also putting all that energy into teaching our partner what makes us happy in a non-confrontational way. After all, we didn’t choose to be with this person so we could “fight” them at any given opportunity, right? We chose to be with them cos we love them and want to grow in love with them.
Love requires work, communication, compromise, understanding, patience, and the like. So let’s stop the fighting y’all. Like I say don’t assume, communicate. Before you assume that he won’t understand, communicate with him. Remember guys can’t read your mind J And guys, neither can women!
Just another real quick thought about the kitchen scenario, ladies, if you want your man to join you in the kitchen, there’s so much you can do to make that happen. YES, let your imagination run wild! Married ladies, help me out here! Lol. *runs and hides*
Anyways, I guess you guys get my point. Love and don’t fight.

Comments

Popular Posts