TLC Short Story: I Think I Saw Him

There I was at the counter making an afternoon purchase…
He walks in, looking good. There was a calmness about him, a humble confidence…
He glances over and looks away quickly… there was a smile on his face. He concludes his purchase and heads out the door. I complete mine and exit the store….hurriedly…
As the door opens, my heart sinks as he is nowhere in sight…
Then I looked the other way and there he was…it was as if he had waited…
Ours eyes met and my heart smiled…a deep kind of smile…

And then within seconds, he pulls out of the parking lot and drives away…


Another short story for ya! What say y'all? A friend saw this story and says the lady should have tried to strike a conversation with the guy to give him a chance. What do you guys think?

Comments

  1. Absolutely,if he's a useless guy, he'd mess up his chance and if he's not,her dreams have come true and so have his. This has happened to me before and for some reason I expected the lady to say something as my gestures were obvious. She was hesitant and I am don't waste time at all. I left the scene quickly with no regrets just a few thoughts. At the end of the day we all want love it doesn't matter who knocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @GOD'S GREATEST
      Why would the girl say something? What does she know you are thinking in your head; since your gestures were that "obvious" and hers weren't or even non-existent, then you are the one who wants something; you should'a gone in for the catch.
      Maybe you just couldn't be bothered thinking 'she'd probably be like those other girls' this is why you wouldn't bother. But when you really want to have someone of your own, then, you'd be!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts