I Want to Get Married Because...
- It's simply time. It's the next chapter in life.
- Biological clock is ticking. Gotta have 'em babies quick.
- Pressure - on every side. Parents, friends, everyone is asking "When will we do your own o"?
- Financial stability. Money in the bank so need someone to spend it with (yeah, right. Lol!)
- SEX. Waiting to have sex in marriage so need to get married cos hormones be tripping!
- And the list goes on
I think marriage is a beautiful thing. There is something mysterious, deep, magical, intriguing, exciting, thrilling, amazing, and just wonderful about two people finding love in each other and wanting to share that love - exclusively - with one another, forever. I also think it takes a lot of guts to do just that because there are so many unknowns but I don't want to go into all the unknowns. Don't wanna scare you or myself! Lol. I do think it is important not to focus on the unknowns though but to take each day at a time knowing that if you are committed to it, it'll be just fine.
Anyways, when I think about marriage, I think about a lot things. I want to get married because I think it is awesome to have a partner - a companion, best friend, lover, spiritual leader (for the women), confidant, in some cases business partner, and so much more wrapped up in one person. It's awesome to have someone to join your life and very existence with. It's scary, but it's awesome. The process of finding such a person and the journey to the marriage is another story. Lol.
Why do you want to get married?
Why did you get married?
Why do you think people get married?