Do People Change in Marriage?

So, I'm sitting here in one of my FAVORITE ice cream spots! Just had two generous scoops of chocolate chip ice cream in a cone! I really enjoyed it so had to share. Hehe. I'm hanging with a friend and while we were talking I actually got itchy fingers to write so she's waiting for me to write this post! LOL.

I always say that people SHOULD expect their spouse to change in marriage. We are changing everyday as individuals. Think about it. Are you the same person you were a year ago? I know I'm not the same person I was a year ago. I've changed! We experience life and we change and evolve and that change won't stop happening when you get married.

That's one angle. The other is what happens when you thought you knew the person you married and then post-wedding, they do something and you think "this can't possibly be the person I married"! My friend says "women see what they want to see" and I also believe that men are not very good pretenders. After a while, he will show you who he really is before the wedding and so the choice is yours. Interestingly, I don't hear men talk about women changing in marriage. So, please guys, do you find that women also change in marriage?


Change is inevitable. I think it's what we do with the change and how we handle it that really counts. So, I do wanna know though: Do you think people REALLY change in marriage or do they just show who they really are?

Comments

  1. Change is inevitable and yes I think people change when they get married or show you who they really are incase you missed it pre marriage. You can never judge the intentions of anyones hearts and if they have ulterior motives, you get to find out. Its rather unfortunate that men and women deceive themselves to get what they want or an idea of what they think they want.

    Regret is a b***tch! And I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, guys dont know how to pretend! they will always show you their real self, its left for you to take it or leave it. Its better to end the relationship while it is still a relationship before it gets to marriage stage. Save yourself.
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Plus we are always changing anyway, whether we are married or single. What we can do though is make sure we link up with someone that we are sure can change positively. Just follow your gut.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts