Is There a "THE ONE"

Everyone is looking for love. That's how we are wired. Even God said "It is not good for man to be alone"! So, enough said! Lol. In our pursuit of love, we have so many questions, right? We want it to be right. We want to be happy with our choice. We want it to last. We want a lot of things and rightfully so. If you've been single for a while, the last thing you want is for anyone to mess with your equilibrium, right?

So, my question today is How do you know he/she is the right person? Is there a "THE ONE"? That one person out there on the planet that's just for you? There are so many theories on this. Some people say that's impossible cos what if she/he don married someone else! Oops! Others think, there is that one person for each person and our life's journey and experience lead us to that person. What do you think?

I had always thought that there was that one person for each of us but nowadays I'm starting to think that perhaps we're given options to choose from and the decision is ours to make with some guidance from up above - God!

So what say ye?

Comments

  1. I don't think there's just one of 'The One' out there. I think there are a number of people that can be 'The One' for each of us, and as you say, we need guidance from God to help us meet one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there was just one person for each of us, that would be so depressing because seriously what are the chances that you will meet them in this planet of over 5 billion people.

    I agree with Emeka that there are several people for us and so there are any number of people who you could be happy with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Emeka, and have a bit of an additional hypothesis..

    I used to believe that for every stage of your life that you're in, there's a one. If you meet and get into a relationship with that person, then you're both with the one.

    Now if it doesn't work out then there's hope that the one in the next season is still there. I say hope because say you're in season 4, the person could have gotten married in their own season 3 even if you guys meet, you'll be singing Erykah...

    GOD pairs destinies, not people. So from that perspective and the perspective that priorities for Christians should be fulfilling GOD's will even if it costs our own will.

    I recently heard and believe that there may even be more than one for you, but each has a different capacity as to what extent they can help you fulfill your destiny.. pray pray pray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not much more I can add to this, except I believe the recent estimates are that we are approximately 7 billion people on the planet now! We like to romanticise it and make it into hollywood something but I really don't think there's a 'One', just quite a few that can pair well with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What more can I say huh?
    Life throws the least we expect!
    Great work Aderonke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmn. I acually don't think there's only one person for anyone. I guess I have my own hypothesis which I have managed to prune over the years. I think there are several "ones" for each person but they all rank differently on the scale of how closely they were designed to fit u! For example, I feel that you are more optimal with Mr A than with Mr B ... It simply means that if u had never met Mr A, Mr B would still have been perfect for u and it goes all d way down the scale.
    so, i tell the one I'm with that he's my optimal "ONE". Ironically, he thinks there's just one person for each person and that if u miss them, u've totally missed it... so much for my thesis, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts